Package version match with upstream in reviewing

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 13:10:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>wrote:

> On , Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It is compulsory that a package waiting to be reviewed, be submitted
>> with the latest version in upstream?
>>

> Officially, it is a SHOULD (as pointed out by Volker), practically it is
> pretty much consider as a MUST unless there is/are valid reason(s) not to.
> The choice is then left up to the packager and the reviewer.

Thanks for the explanation

> But I'm Matej here, could you expand why you would not want the latest
> version
> from upstream?

It's not that I don't want the latest version. I just asked to know how it
is been practised so that it can help me in my reviews.

> Pierre
>
> --

Best Regards,

Kalpa Welivitigoda
Junior Treasurer | Electrical Engineering Society
Undergraduate | Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka
http://about.me/callkalpa