bodhi client question

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 15:36:27 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 15:35 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> On 06/05/2013 02:37 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > Wouldn't this just be:
> >
> > % sudo yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing --downloadonly xxxxx-4.1.0.0-4.beta1.fc19
> >
> > - ajax
> >

> No, because in the most cases I receive this email, it's not yet arrived
> in updates-testing. This is the problem. And I want to avoid a download
> for a lot of single pkg's which is a painful thing.

Well, okay, that sounds like two bugs to me:

1) That email shouldn't be sent until the update actually hits testing
2) We should have per-update repos and a reasonable way to enable them

But there's not really a good way to do what you're asking for as it is.
It's straightforward to hack up the bodhi client to grab only packages
with names that match your installed system, but that will fall down if
the new versions you're about to test require things you don't yet have
installed.

- ajax