Installing a very old Fedora (FC6) in a chroot?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jun 12 13:06:00 UTC 2013

On 12/06/13 13:44, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> To test / bench / verify old behaviour of PHP4, I need to install FC6
> in a chroot.
>
> Mock doesn't seem to work, given a reasoanble config file pointing to
> the archive repo. Are there any good / recommended alternatives? Or is
> mock expected to work?

I have working local mock configs for F-6 and a variety of other ancient
releases. In what way does yours not work?

The main local changes I have are that I have:

config_opts['chroot_setup_cmd'] = 'install buildsys-build'
config_opts['useradd'] = '/usr/sbin/useradd -m -u %(uid)s -g %(gid)s -d
%(home)s -n %(user)s'

where the "buildsys-build" package is in a local repo and can be found
here: http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/buildsys/

Paul.