Need some advices moving a fedora package from sysVinit to systemd

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Wed Jun 19 13:57:13 UTC 2013

Hello

Found a solution to update service configuration according component
(namely database) found needed during the application first start.

using file /etc/systemd/system/clement.service
(which is a (RPM no replace) legit configuration file).

contents is
#this is the local configuration file to systemd clement.service
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
.include /lib/systemd/system/clement.service

On the first application start
systemctl start clement

application autoconfig process notice sysadmin selected a data-base
(lets say 'postgrsql') then autoconfig add to
/etc/systemd/system/clement.service

#added by clement install
[Unit]
After=postgesql.service
Requires=postgresql.service

then auto install issue a
systemctl --system daemon-reload

All is done via ExecStartPre script detecting the very first application
start.

Such, next time, application is started we are sure needed data-base daemon is
up and running.
I believe this keep systemd goal (and implementation) to keep starting
dependency up to date.
I tested this with both MySQL and PostgreSQL and it seems to be
working no trouble.

Comments?

--
A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                        E-Mail: jmp at safe.ca
SAFE Inc.                             Phone: (514) 493-4280
   Clement, 'a kiss solution' to get rid of SPAM (at last)
      Clement' Home base <"http://www.clement.safe.ca">