dietlibc

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 10:20:24 UTC 2013

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 00:46:52 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Historical footnote: I believe it was initially added to help squeeze the
> > boot portion of Anaconda onto floppy disks. If the things you list are
> > really the only things using it, I think it's time to retire it
> > completely.
>
> The package was actually imported by Enrico in 2005.
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/dietlibc.git/log/?ofs=150
>
> If what you say is correct, that would mean it was already retired and he
> resurrected it.

I must admit that I've forgotten what review procedure had been used
in 2005. Only have found this odd thread:

  RFE: dietlibc review
  http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-May/msg00683.html

Who remembers the details?

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.7.9-201.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.06 0.10 0.20