RFC: Fedora revamp proposal

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 12:40:49 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 03:48:29 -0500 (EST)
> > From tooling perspective - that's the question if we want to
> > enhance
> > our tools, step into other similar project (for collaboration with
> > our downstreams? other distros...).
>
> yeah, I don't know.
>
> Perhaps someone could ask around and see if there's any
> projects/setups
> inside Red Hat that would be good for this? ABI checking and perhaps
> rpm diffing?

I'm trying to ask guys around, what do they have and what they could
offer for us. And sell it as a good thing for both sides ;-)

> Also, do any of the folks working on AutoQA think it could be used
> for
> this? Or would they suggest a different framework?
>
> I think we should definitely start small here and slowly work
> forward.

Every single step in this direction would be great, I agree.

> The hardest part will be getting the initial tooling in place.

Yep.

> (All this is assuming that this is a good idea that people want I
> guess). ;)

Well, we have to do something - I expect we know it - now the
question is how far do we want to go ;-)

Jaroslav