Fwd: [mirall] plasma client try3

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Mar 7 05:09:40 UTC 2013

Joseph Marrero wrote:

> From: Joseph Marrero <jmarrero at gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM
> Subject: Re: [mirall] plasma client try3
> To: Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>
>

> I am preparing the package for upstream merge between mirall and
> owncloud-plasma-client

Looks like the root cause is more likely this snippet from
src/CMakeLists.txt:

    install(TARGETS owncloudsync
        RUNTIME DESTINATION bin
        LIBRARY DESTINATION lib
        ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib
        BUNDLE  DESTINATION library
    )

contrast this with similar (and imo better) snippet about mirall:

    install(TARGETS mirall
        RUNTIME DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_BINDIR}
        LIBRARY DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR}
        ARCHIVE DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR}
    )

See how the former hard-codes relative paths bin and lib?  (not good, from a
packaging-perspective anyway)

-- rex