[emelfm2] remove vendor tag from desktop file. https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/247

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Mar 11 02:59:23 UTC 2013

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> And rest assured, "dropping very old obsoletes" isn't controversial in
> general.

Oh sure it is! I don't understand why it's recommended practice to do this.
I see absolutely no benefit in removing any Obsoletes. It only breaks things
for people who skip more releases at a time than we expect them to
(currently 1, i.e. upgrading from n-2 to n, no more) and doesn't fix or
improve anything.

IMHO, Obsoletes should be kept forever by default (where "by default" means
"unless there's a concrete reason to remove the Obsoletes", e.g. it makes
sense to drop an Obsoletes if the package you're obsoleting was reintroduced
and the reintroduced new version is a better replacement for the dropped old
version than your package which was carrying the Obsoletes).

        Kevin Kofler