Improving the Fedora boot experience

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon Mar 11 20:50:17 UTC 2013

Chris Murphy wrote:
> A multiboot system needs at least a message to inform the user how to get to the boot manager (the GRUB menu). A Fedora only system probably should entirely suppress the menu or notice how to get to it.

What if I need to revert to the previous kernel, or add some kernel
parameter to get the system up enough to solve some boot problem?

Detecting that the previous boot failed is nice and all, but that
mechanism needs to be totally infallible if it's going to be the only
way the Grub menu can be accessed.

Björn Persson