Unhelpful update descriptions

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 09:39:58 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On 03/12/2013 01:30 AM, Dan Mashal wrote:
> > Semantics.
>
> Providing a link is helpful to users isn't semantics.  You as a
> package
> maintainer would be aware of where to look for reviewing the changes
> before pushing an update.  Users don't since it is different for
> different projects and is not necessarily obvious or even easily
> searchable.  Just take that few seconds of additional effort and
> provide
> the link.

Yep, I think the link, when available, is very useful. What I try
is to pick up a few most important changes directly affecting
Fedora and then I link full Changelog.

So maybe idea - what about a dedicated field in Bodhi for upstream's
Changelog and then present it for users in PackageKit in a some nicer
way - real, clickable link... Not sure it will be possible in our
Packaging GUIs and also we try to hide updates as much as possible
from our users...

Jaroslav