well!

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Tue Mar 12 20:26:53 UTC 2013

> Btw.: Ideas how to install F18 anyhow are welcome.

I have had some success using gparted LiveCD or LiveUSB
(http://gparted.org/) to construct the partition layout
including file system labels, then using anaconda (DVD)
to "take over" and re-format the then-existing partitions.
I use the labels to increase reliability of identification,
because /dev/sdX might be reassigned randomly by the kernel
at the reboot between gparted and anaconda.
Of course one can also use the text console on VT2
(type <ctrl><alt><F2>, with <ctrl><alt><F6> to return)
to inspect /dev/disk/by-uuid to verify which partition
is which.