Improving the Fedora boot experience

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 13 15:52:17 UTC 2013

On 03/13/2013 11:26 AM, John.Florian at dart.biz wrote:
> Because maybe your computer boots just fine but you're screens are all
> garbled or just black.

This is a really good point. In this situation I probably would have
just gone to a tty and edited the grub conf file to default to an older
kernel if that happened, rather than play whack-a-mole with the grub
timeout. Just trying to point out that you can solve this issue without
entering grub at boot-time.

~m