Improving the Fedora boot experience

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Thu Mar 14 16:17:04 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013 05:03 PM, Björn Persson wrote:

>> Your TV (which likely has embedded Linux)? Your car?
>> Windows? OS X?
>
> I don't have any of those, and I doubt I'll ever buy a car when I want
> a general-purpose computer.

How do you know you don't have them? They don't show anything at boot,
and run custom 'kiosk' environment. The only semi-consistent way of
finding out is to go through their printed pamphlets and look for GPL:
if it mentions GPL, it's probably Linux. Without any effort in that
direction, my family currently owns a Linux TV, DVD player and network
router/gateway, as well as several phones and computers.