Improving the Fedora boot experience

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Mar 14 21:20:45 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> said:
> Well, then update your hardware. As mentioned before, the Windows 8
> certification requires POST of < 2s on SSD, and < 4s on rotating media.

Well, no.  My hardware works just fine; I intend to use it for years to
come.  I really don't care about Windows 8 hardware (and apparently,
neither does much of the computer market), so that is hardly a useful
measuring stick.  If this is all about optimizing for Windows 8
hardware, then IMHO that's a waste of time.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>