dnf installs cron.hourly

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 15 15:20:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:11:28 +0000
"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 09:55:57AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:33:24 +0000

> > > Heh. That's one of the things I love about DNF. No longer having
> > > to wait a long time for repo downloads when runing 'dnf' because
> > > the cron job has already cached it, is great. I wish yum would do
> > > this by default too!
> >

> > There's a yum-cron package. It did just that for years.
>
> Users shouldn't have to go searching out that kind of thing in a
> separate package IMHO, it could just be part of stock yum install.
> If it needs to be optional a config param would suffice, rather
> than the big hammer of installing/uninstalling extra RPM to enable/
> disable a feature.

yum when yum was taken in for rhel b/c, iirc, interaction with rhn and
then wanting yum-updatesd.

I may be misinterpreting your tone in these emails but you sure seem to
be somewhat angry about this... I have no idea why, though.

this is my last comment on this thread.

I'm glad you like the feature in dnf. I'm sure the dnf devels are happy
about it too.

-sv