Packages requires /sbin/service.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 19:39:02 UTC 2013

On 15/03/13 11:07 AM, Dan Mashal wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Michal Schmidt <mschmidt at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 03/15/2013 07:00 PM, Dan Mashal wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks like you guys added provides(service) and fixed the problem.
>>

>> Yes, Lukáš added it. He even mentioned it in the email that started this
>> thread. Still it would be nice to drop legacy provide name after packages
>> stop Requiring it.
>>

>> Michal
>>
>> --
>
> Well I was reading an IRC discussion on devel. I'm like a horse with
> blinders. "This used to work and doesn't anymore". Which leads me to
> my next point: What does it hurt to have the command there? In fact
> you should just rename "systemctl"  "service" and make it understand
> service commands. It's annoying over all.

Yes, well, the 'horse with blinkers' thing is kind of annoying
sometimes. This has nothing to do with the thread. If you want to
propose stuff like that, please do it in a separate thread, but it's
really not very likely to happen.

This thread was a very simple request for a simple spec change which has
now gotten derailed into yet another systemd bikeshed. Sigh.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey