Heads-up: liboauth 1.0.1 in Rawhide

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 16 05:49:08 UTC 2013

On 15/03/13 22:04, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:37:11 +0700 Michel Alexandre Salim
> <salimma at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've just updated liboauth to the latest 1.0.1 release in
>> Rawhide. The soname is now liboauth.so.0.8.5 (previously
>> liboauth.so.0.8.4), and dependent apps should not need a rebuild,
>> but maintainers of the affected components should probably
>> double-check to be sure.
>>
>> (Especially for Evolution and GNOME Documents, as ever since I
>> enabled two-factor authentication, synchronization with Google
>> servers have been a bit problematic anyway).
>>
>> There's a scratch build for Fedora 18 here:
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5125265
>>
>> Note that upstream now considers all use of oauth_http functions
>> to be deprecated:
>>
>> http://liboauth.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Best regards,
>
> Do you intend to land this in f19 branched as well? Or just
> f20/rawhide?

If there are no reported problems, ideally F19 as well. There
shouldn't be any problem, but to be safe I'm not pushing this without
the affected components being tested first:

version 1.0.1
  - do not url-escape RSA-key for signature

version 1.0.0
  - fix body-hash example code
  - mark all oauth_http functions a deprecated
  - freeze interface defitions for good
  - enter maintenance/bug-fix only cycle

Best,

- --