aarch64 bugs

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Sat Mar 23 22:27:19 UTC 2013

On 03/23/2013 10:14 AM, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> Yesterday a bunch of bugs were opened up regarding aarch64 support in
> some packages.  I'd like to do my part in fixing these, but is there a
> way to actually run test builds?

As Peter says, there will be an updated F19-ish filesystem image soon.
The current (now deprecated as of the end of the week) filesystem is
available as a git repository:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/AArch64#Git_Based_Rootfs_Workflow

(in particular, you can use the NFS option to boot with busybox, or you
can make your own disk image - increase the 10GB size though to 12GB+)

Mark Salter just got systemd finally booting at the end of the week, and
the docs are about to be updated as we move into the next stage of the
bootstrap (and are about to be able to conduct distributed builds).
Further information will be sent out, but in the coming days.

> I know that there's ARM support in
> the works, but I haven't really kept up with the details.

Please feel free to ping me with architecture specific questions.
Meanwhile, bear with us, as we have updated stuff landing soon.

Further, on the subject of hardware what I'll say is "watch this space".
You won't be waiting all that long now. Fedora has been well taken care
of in the planning to get AArch64 support completed.

Jon.