config.guess/config.sub for aarch64 (was Re: Mass Rebuild for Fedora 19)

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 22:36:38 UTC 2013

On 03/25/2013 02:16 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 03/25/2013 10:04 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
>> 2.69 added it,
>
> No - autoconf does not distribute config.guess/config.sub to packages.
>
> It's automake.

Autoconf 2.69 is the first version of autoconf that included aarch64 in
its config.guess and config.sub, but you are right: It is automake that
provides these files.  Specifically, automake 1.11.4 is the first
version of automake to provide a config.guess and config.sub pair that
includes aarch64 recognition.  This is a mistake on my part- I was under
the impression autoconf provided them.   The bug report's suggestion of
running autoreconf will still have the desired effect, but the
'autoconf' suggestion was off.  Sorry about that.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com