F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri May 3 18:25:05 UTC 2013

On 05/03/2013 02:16 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Hm, I've always thought of it differently - if we're trying to provide
> good value in the DVD media as a demonstration of all the things you
> can do with Fedora, isn't there more value in a development
> workstation, or a design suite, or a web application stach, or other
> dissimilar things rather than the marginal added value of a 4th (or
> 5th, or 6th, or 7th) desktop? This is also why I've always found the
> multi-desktop DVD to be a strange thing to hand out, unless we're
> trying to tell people that Fedora is best for picking between one of 7
> desktops and not other things.

People tend to be far more polarized about their personal choice of a
desktop environment apparently and the multi-desktop DVD just cuts the
cost of distributing several different Live CD's just to appease users
and yes, it does give the feeling the Fedora is just a desktop
distribution which is misleading.

Rahul