Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 9 13:48:19 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-04 at 16:42 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> If they do decide to keep the change, you could escalate it to FESCo.
> However, (speaking only for myself here) I would be VERY reluctant to
> override maintainers on their packages on something that is a design
> decision/judgement call. Where would we draw the line?

Surely that is part of what FESCo is *for*? To give "guidance" when a
single package wants to do something that's inconsistent with what users
expect and what every other package in the distribution does.

That was my understanding when I served as part of FESCo. Perhaps things
have changed since then?

--
dwmw2