F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Dan Mashal dan.mashal at gmail.com
Fri May 10 03:39:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Luya Tshimbalanga
<luya at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> You can call "lacking online access" justification stupid if you want,
> you forgot there are users who still prefer DVD installation rather than
> spin.  You wanted to remove the entire Design suite package set
> (available since several release) from DVD without consulting the
> maintainer first so an arrangement to remove some individual software
> could be made. I could say the same thing about MATE package set you
> maintained because it duplicated other desktop environments unlike
> Design suite complementing either of them.
> Bruno posts summarized my view so I stop here.

True. I didn't mean to pick on the design suite itself but more making
a point that a lot of people are using that as a justification, my
apologies.

In addition, I used to prefer the DVD (with or without an online
connection) myself because I could just down 4.7GB of Fedora goodness
and install all of it at the same time at once. I made that point
earlier in this thread. I did not mean to single out the design suite
itself, even though my email seemed like it did. I no longer have any
desire to download the DVD installer anymore due to the reasons stated
in this email and my earlier emails in this thread.

Dan