Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Sun Nov 3 02:56:33 UTC 2013

Funnily enough I had a discussion last week where it turned out the
disagreement wasn't so much a disagreement, but a different contextualisation
of the word 'support'.

And I think that will be the crux here too. To me the main part of 'supporting'
something here will be in handling our ABI story better, not about writing custom
work arounds for various 3rd party software.

There are of course many aspects to the ABI story, but one technology I think will be
an important part of improving this is the LinuxApps proposal from Lennart Poettering.
He did a talk about it at GUADEC which you can find here:
http://www.superlectures.com/guadec2013/sandboxed-applications-for-gnome

(The talk is not only about ABI for applications, but it is part of the talk, and despite the talk title
it is not GNOME specific in any way.)

Christian