Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 10:16:03 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On 11/04/2013 10:45 AM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > That's fine. The apps would ship directly from upstream, not from Fedora :)
> >

> I realize Fedora throwing overboard it basic working principles (open
> source)

Did I say that? No, I don't believe I did.

As an application developer, I'd sure be happy if I didn't have to wait
6 months for my app to show up in the distribution I use, and for that
application to be usable on all compatible distributions.

> and trying to implement the working principles which for decades
> have been responsible for other OSes unreliabilty and saftety issues.

The app store model is a couple of years old, not decades old.

I want OS updates to the level of iOS, and application updates to the
level offered by Android and iOS. I want upstream to control their distribution
of software and not be reliant on distributions shipping this or that update
(good luck if you ship an app that's in Ubuntu's core, people won't see
bug fix updates until 6 months afterwards).