Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 4 17:10:49 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 05:30:06PM +0100, drago01 wrote:
> > Instead, make it easy for extension authors to keep
> > their extensions up to date with the changes.
> Sure but given that extensions can modify pretty much anything that
> would imply documenting every code change.

Well, in an ideal world.... :)

But, even given reality, there's some amount of pragmatic information which
could help without needing to go that far. See Firefox again for an example:
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2013/09/30/compatibility-for-firefox-25/

And there's this statement:

  Please let me know in the comments if there’s anything
  missing or incorrect on these lists. If your add-on breaks on Firefox 25,
  I’d like to know.

Which, alone, is pretty awesome. Obviously that takes a level of commitment,
including (possibly a lot of) someone's time, but I kind of think that
investment would pay off.

I found this
http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/11/updating-gnome-shell-extensions-to-work-with-gnome-3-2.html
for Gnome 3.2, but unfortunately nothing like it for newer releases.