OpenH264 in Fedora

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Nov 4 21:36:00 UTC 2013

Le Lun 4 novembre 2013 19:35, Alberto Ruiz a écrit :

> Again, the people who have been fighting for open source media Xiph.org
> and the Mozilla organization have already acknowledge that while this
> situation is not ideal, is an improvement over the current situation,
> I'd say we should trust these guys a little when it comes to these
> things, don't you think?

None of those people were ever mandated by the Fedora project to speak for
it, and the fact their interests aligned with the project ones while they
were fighting for open codecs, does not mean they still aligned once they
gave up.

In other words: Mozilla does not get to keep its backing when it does
U-turns on such issues.

--
Nicolas Mailhot