Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Nov 4 21:53:42 UTC 2013

Le Lun 4 novembre 2013 18:56, Matthew Miller a écrit :

> The world has changed here. Whatever power we had to apply this kind of
> pressure is shrinking. In the world of "fork us on github!", "getting into
> distro" really isn't that important to people anymore regardless of what
> we
> do.

I think you overestimate the power of github and are a victim of an echo
chamber effect. Groups of developers working on a specific tech and
agreeing with themselves in their own specific forums never implied
adoption outside their own circle (it's nothing new either: see .com
crash, java people insisting nothing was wrong while sun was sining, etc).
And this list can be cruel because it comprises people from lots of
different backgrounds and echo chamber "evidences" tend not to survive
long in a diverse environment.

--
Nicolas Mailhot