Differences between Fakeroot and Mock & Suggested method

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 5 02:05:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 04:37 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 01:07:15 +0200, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > generate the SRPM and do 'koji build --scratch fXX blah.src.rpm' , where
>
> You would have to rpmbuild -bs *.spec first to get blash.src.rpm.

Yes. That's what 'generate the SRPM' means.

> It is done all by: fedpkg build --scratch --srpm

But you can only really do that with a package that actually exists in
the SCM tree; I'm quite often working with one that doesn't.

> The problem is that it uploads the whole multi-MB .src.rpm which is too slow
> on common ADSL lines (mine has 256kbit/s upload, some have 512kbit/s upload).

Hrm, that's a point; for many packages it's not that big, but for some
it is significant, and I am a bit spoiled by my 5Mb/sec upload pipe...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey