OpenH264 in Fedora

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 15:05:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 09:36 +0100, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> On 11/04/2013 07:30 PM, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
>
> > A media codec should not be a system wide component (I'd go as far as
> > saying it should not be user-session wide, but application bundled).
>
> ???
> Would you so apply the same reasoning to libjpeg and libtiff?
> Security nightmare.

It's only a nightmare because we've steadfastly refused to build the
tools to a) track library bundling inside app-bundles b) automate bundle
rebuilds c) force replacement of bundle contents either by sysadmin
action or by policy.

Let's not confuse the current state of the world with the world we'd
like to build.

- ajax