Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Nov 6 22:30:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 10:55:30PM +0100, Sergio Pascual wrote:
> Has this "sanboxed-bundled-from-upstream"  proposal been discussed with
> other distributions? If the final result is that the "Universal Linux
> Package" only works in Fedora we are not gaining anything.

A lot of this is being based on technology that's not really available
yet such as kdbus, Wayland, systemd bits. This has been discussed at
GUADEC (GNOME conference):
http://www.superlectures.com/guadec2013/sandboxed-applications-for-gnome

AFAIK (not sure), it should come somewhat easy once you the distribution
is based upon systemd. I assume Lennart will talk about it at various
conferences. For e.g. Mageia, the focus is currently on releasing Mageia
4. Features for Mageia 5 is later, so probably discuss it at FOSDEM
(beginning of Feb).

--
Regards,
Olav