Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Nov 7 14:45:13 UTC 2013

Le Jeu 7 novembre 2013 15:19, Josh Boyer a écrit :

> So if we call containerized apps "Appers" and host it somewhere on
> Fedora infrastructure and tell people about it, you'd be totally OK
> with that?

I think that would remove a lot of the emotion in this thread.

>  People seem to already be jumping to conclusions that
> Appers are going to somehow magically be THE WAY we deliver software,
> but yet nobody had the same thoughts around Coprs.

Maybe that's because Coprs were never announced with huge rants about
market-share and how Fedora packaging sucked and was irrelevant?

> The blinders involved here are pretty large.

It's not blinders it's the natural reaction of people to tactless
pronouncements and dismissals. I do wish the people complaining about this
list focused more on technical aspects and less on hype or
we-ll-decide-somewhere-else-even-though-it-concerns-you.

--
Nicolas Mailhot