Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Nov 7 15:15:39 UTC 2013

On Thu, 07.11.13 03:53, Kevin Kofler (kevin.kofler at chello.at) wrote:

> Olav Vitters wrote:
> > AFAIK (not sure), it should come somewhat easy once you the distribution
> > is based upon systemd.
>
> That means it will exclude the most popular distribution out there.

If you are referring to Ubuntu, then yes. But then again, they already
have their own app packaging format based around .debs and
AppArmor. So yeah, we might be dicks by not supporting non-systemd
systems, but they were dicks first, by not supporting non-Ubuntu systems
for their app images. And that's quite some consolation, no? ;-)

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat