Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Nov 7 15:54:35 UTC 2013

Olav Vitters wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 11:33:57AM +0100, Sergio Pascual wrote:

>> > distribution

>> > I fail to see the point of discussing non-Fedora distributions on
>> > Fedora devel mailing list.
>>
>> I fail to see the point of discussing a feature that is meant to allow
>> upstreams to provide installable bundles that work in all linuxes if it
>> is only to work in Fedora.
>
> I already talked about other distributions so your concern has been
> addressed already.

But I pointed out that you are leaving out the most popular one, and you
responded by labeling me as off-topic when actually YOU were the one who
started talking about other distributions.

You advertise distribution-independent packages, so your packages really
need to work on ALL distributions. Assuming systemd is already a non-
starter.

IMHO, trying to support cross-distro packages is a failed endeavour from the
outstart, Fedora RPMs are the way to go.

        Kevin Kofler