Workstation PRD summary and next steps

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Thu Nov 7 21:55:14 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
So on behalf of the Workstation Working Group I would like to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time so far to chime in. There has been a lot of passionate discussion happening
and that is the way we like it. So while we might not have been able to respond to each and every message, myself and the other working group members have read every message sent so far.

We will now take that feedback with us into the next working group meeting and come up with a second PRD draft, trying to incorporate the suggestions we have gotten so far when possible.

The next update of the PRD will be posted to the fedora-desktop list as that is the designated 'home' of the working group and product and we want to avoid cluttering up the general
Fedora-devel list with product specific further discussion. The other product working groups have mostly kept themselves to their own mailing list so we will try to do the same, and leave the
general devel list to the -base group.

Also for those of you who might end up feeling that the updated PRD do not address you raised concerns, all I can say is that we do take all feedback seriously, and will try to keep the points
made in mind as we go forward, but of course there is no perfect solutions here that will make absolutely everyone 110% content.

Christian