OpenH264 in Fedora

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Nov 8 03:36:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-11-02 at 08:11 -0700, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> The rtcweb WG session which will discuss MTI video codec will be on
> Thursday the 7th at 13:00 pacific. As usual the meeting will be
> streamed and anyone can participate remotely via Jabber
> (rtcweb at jabber.ietf.org), but feedback can be provided at any time via
> the mailing list (and it's probably best to comment earlier rather
> than later, links at http://tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/).

Results can be found at [1] but the summary is: no consensus on an MTI
codec. I guess they're pursuing "alternative consensus" now: agreeing on
how to decide despite disagreement.

It's worth calling out thanks to Florian and Toshio for representing our
community on the WebRTC mailing list.

[1]
http://blog.webrtc.is/2013/11/07/live-blogging-ietf-88-mti-video-codecs/: