Can we have better ssh fingerprint collision messages?

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Tue Nov 12 08:58:16 UTC 2013

Quoting valent.turkovic at gmail.com (2013-11-12 08:42:06)
> I work a lot with different kind of routers, openwrt and other
> embedded systems, and they all usually use same address - 192.168.1.1,
> so Ubuntu message is quite useful because gives me simple command that
> I just copy/paste so I can get rid of old finderprint and I can
> connect to new device with same IP but obviously different ssh
> fingerprint.

1. Don't top-post
2. I hope I'll never be at mercy of administrators like you who copy-paste
   commands because that's what they are told to.
3. The message appears whenever there is a change in ssh host key for given
   address. On Fedora as well. If you can't reproduce, you didn't change the
   host key or you are really connecting to a different host

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241