How to handle non-free parts of a free software project

Manuel Faux manuel.faux at conf.at
Tue Nov 12 09:16:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 09:56:47 +0100
"puntogil at libero.it" <puntogil at libero.it> wrote:

> Il 12/11/2013 08:37, Manuel Faux ha scritto:
> > On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:11:12 +0100
> > Manuel Faux <manuel.faux at conf.at> wrote:

> > I want to give the option to manually download the file, if one
> > accepts the non-free license of Oracle. Which file system path
> > would be appropriate to be prepared for that file? I would not feel
> > comfortable to add the file to add the file inside /usr/lib/jvm/...
> > or something.
> >
> > Manuel
> -1
I little bit more feedback would be welcome.

You don't agree to give the option to manually download the file at all,
or don't you agree with NOT packing the file to /usr/lib/jvm/...?

By not giving the option to manually link to the file we will loose the
functionality to create Java Web Start war files at all. Also other
packages require the user to get some non-free files for some specific
non-crucial functionality.

Just pretend to "downvote" something without any comment does not help
anyone at all.