Packaging changes for libev in Rawhide

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 20 03:19:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-11-19 at 12:43 -0500, Tim St Clair wrote:
> Sorry to disagree, but segregation is standard practice and is far better then polluting /usr/include.

I actually agree with that.

Upstream libev doesn't, though.

And with our current package in Fedora, we are creating a situation
where developers of software using libev have to juggle weirdly to
support Fedora because it's different from upstream libev and other
distros.

> Also, I have a package which has separate patches which I'm uncertain if upstream has adopted.
>
> https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/3rdparty/libprocess/3rdparty/libev-4.15.patch

That seems off-topic for this discussion, you should send that upstream
instead.

--
Mathieu