Heads-up on rpm 4.12 coming to rawhide soon

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Jul 1 10:56:12 UTC 2014

On 06/30/2014 04:27 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 30.6.2014 15:14, Panu Matilainen napsal(a):

>>> Seems the ruby macros are not expanding properly throughout the spec,
>>> please file a bug.
>>
>> I'd call this at least partially self-inflicted pain, its the %load
>> trickery thats failing. Call your own version of %load something else
>> and it'll work like before.
>>
>> The syntax for the built-in macro is %{load:<file>} but the argument
>> is not macro expanded so %{SOURCEn} will get passed in literally.
>> Which obviously wont work.
>>
>>     - Panu -
>>

> Yes, that will do the trick probably.
>
> However, now I am wondering, is there a way how to build SRPM, which is
> using the new load feature from 4.12 using old 4.11 RPM? With old RPM,
> I've got this error:
>
> ```
> $ fedpkg srpm
> error: line 94: Unknown tag:
> /home/vondruch/fedora-scm/maintain/ruby/macros.ruby
> error: query of specfile
> /home/vondruch/fedora-scm/maintain/ruby/ruby.spec failed, can't parse
>
> Could not execute srpm: need more than 0 values to unpack
> ```
>
> I suppose the answer is NO, but I hope for some pleasant surprise ;)

For just creating an src.rpm, I suppose you can use a simple spec
conditional, eg

# permit src.rpm creation on older versions
%if %{fedora} >= 21
%{load:...}
%endif

Anyway, like mentioned earlier, %{load:%{SOURCE4}} would not have worked
yesterday as %{load:} didn't macro-expand its argument, that has been
fixed in rpm-4.11.90-0.git12844.3.fc21 (just building now). So thanks
for trying to use that feature :)

	- Panu -