Koschei - continuous rebuilds for packages

Lubomir Rintel lkundrak at v3.sk
Tue Jul 1 17:19:06 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-07-01 at 10:13 -0400, Michael Simacek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently I've been working on Koschei - a new continuous rebuilding tool for
> Fedora and I'd like to announce it publicly and get some feedback.
>
> How will it work?
> It will have a set of tracked packages for which it will watch dependency
> updates and will (scratch) rebuild packages in Koji after the dependencies
> change (are updated, downgraded...).
[snip]

Sounds a lot like what openSUSE's Open Build Service does. I think they
automatically trigger rebuilds of dependees when a provide they depend
on goes away due to a rebuild, so SONAME bumps are a breeze.

I'm wondering why is the functionality built into a separate service
instead of Koji, the build system itself?

Regards,
Lubo