Koschei - continuous rebuilds for packages

Michael Simacek msimacek at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 13:51:38 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I can consider it a a future feature, but I'm not sure whether I completely
undestand the exact process. Detecting soname bumps and doing real rebuilds
instead of scratch build should be possible. Koschei could automatically start
rebuilding dependent packages AFTER you update the library in rawhide. But if
you want to know what will break before you do the update then it will be
more complicated, because Koschei will need to manage separate Koji tags and
obviously first get permission to do so and I'm not sure whether relengs would
be willing to make this happen. And for both solutions Koschei would need to get
provenpackager-like priviledges to be able to bump the release. Regarding remote
interface - there is none, but I can make it as soon as it's needed. I didn't
have use case for it yet.