HEADSUP: json-c SONAME BUMP

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 06:00:00 UTC 2014

On 07/28/2014 10:40 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Il 28/07/2014 18:02, Miloslav Trmač ha scritto:
>> No, that would completely defeat the point of the soname.  If
>> upstream won’t use sonames or symbol versioning, it’s better for
>> Fedora to patch the software to use them properly, even if it means
>> having to continue to patch it.  IIRC we do have various packages
>> that have to do this.
>
> In this particular case, maybe it's possible to add back the symbols so
> that the ABI is preserved.

We need a soname bump and one point anyway to address the symbol
collisions between json-c, json-glib, and jansson.  The json-c/json-glib
collisions actually materialize in existing binaries.  Removing some
symbols seems kind of unavoidable, but it is obviously best to bundle
all this into a single soname bump.