Suggested Freeze Policy change for Fedora 22+

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 4 03:34:13 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-31 at 11:17 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> I talked to several people over the last couple days about what we can
> do to try to avoid the "hero testing" treadmill that we've been on
> during every Freeze in recent memory (specifically that we're usually
> fixing Blocker bugs until the day before the Go/No-Go meeting and that
> means that our QA team is pulling all-night test runs basically every
> week).
>
> I made the following suggestion to both Adam Williamson and David
> Cantrell over the last couple of days and both seemed to think that this
> is a reasonable approach (but for different reasons, interestingly).

I honestly don't recall that you did, though I don't know that it's you
or me that's mistaken. In any case I have no recollection of having seen
or commented on this idea before, positively or negatively.

In any case, my personal opinion should of course never be mistaken for
QA's official opinion.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey