Status of weak dependencies support in Fedora 21+

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 21:47:42 UTC 2014

On 8 November 2014 10:54, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All!
> RPM shipped with Fedora 21+ has support for weak dependencies. What's
> the current status of that feature? Is it ok to start using them
> (building RPM with Recommends/Suggests tags)?
>
> I have a real-world example where I'd like to mark a dependency as
> Suggests instead of Requires and want to know if dnf is ready to
> process it?
>
> --

I am guessing the question is "Has dnf grown a method for dealing with
Suggests" and how does it deal with it? Does it ask if you want to install
something that wasn't required.. does it treat a Suggests like it is a
Required and just installs it or does it ignore it unless some extra flag
is add (--read-my-mind)

--
Stephen J Smoogen.