Suggested Freeze Policy change for Fedora 22+

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Nov 9 22:45:25 UTC 2014

Well, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> 2. At 1600 UTC on the Monday preceding Go/No-Go, a check of the known
               new strict deadline
> Blocker list must be performed. If there are any blocker bugs that are
               ^^^^
               MUST
> not marked as MODIFIED or ON_QA (meaning that they are filed as an
> update in Bodhi), then the Go/No-Go meeting that week is canceled (or
> converted to a Blocker Bug review) and a slip is *automatic*.
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                             says it all

> 3. Relevant to the above, a Release Candidate compose must be started
                                                        ^^^^
                                                        MUST
> immediately after the above blocker review and must complete
> successfully by 1300 UTC on Tuesday. Otherwise, the Go/No-Go meeting
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              another new strict deadline
> that week is canceled  (or converted to a Blocker Bug review) and
> a slip is *automatic*.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   says it all, again

> 4. If *new* blockers are discovered (or regressed) between the Monday
> blocker review and Thursday Go/No-Go, it is *permissible* for another
> compose to be created if the following conditions are met:
>  a. The fix is capable of being produced and built quickly.
>  b. There is at least 24 hours remaining between the expected completion
             yet another new strict deadline
>     of the compose and the Go/No-Go meeting.

So how do those new strict rules NOT ban preventing a slip? They spell out 3
strict deadlines which, if they are not met, AUTOMATICALLY trigger a slip.

        Kevin Kofler