Taskatron depcheck broken/incomplete (was: Re: Removing packages that have broken dependencies in F21 tree)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Nov 16 00:21:19 UTC 2014

Kalev Lember wrote:
> 2) juffed was broken by
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2014-14301/ . Interestingly
> enough the update passed the Taskatron depcheck test there, even though it
> created a new broken dependency in the repo.

The Taskatron depcheck appears to be broken or incomplete: It might be
effective at checking whether the new package has any broken dependencies,
but it definitely does not appear to check whether the update breaks OTHER
packages' dependencies (at least I've seen 2 instances where it didn't catch
that, and this is the third). The old AutoQA got that right.

        Kevin Kofler