Enable tapping by default

Mustafa Muhammad mustafaa.alhamdaani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 14:58:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Björn Persson <bjorn at rombobjörn.se> wrote:
> drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Things are not black and white there is a "disable touchpad while typing"
>> option which would solve your problem while not making the impression that
>> something is broken like it is now.
>
> Possibly, but there is also the risk of accidentally tapping when you
> only want to move the pointer but your finger happens to tremble a
> little. (That's not about Parkinson's disease. Even to perfectly healthy
> people it's difficult to hold absolutely still.)
>
> Does anyone care to present some evidence showing that this works well
> for people in general? Note that I'm not against changing this default.
> I'm against changing it based on nothing but a baseless belief that it
> won't bother people.

I don't want to change this because I believe it doesn't bother
people, but because almost every other OS and Linux distribution have
it enabled by default, and when people try to use Fedora and they
can't tap to click, they have the impression that this is broken,
Linux is bad, can't handle a touchpad right.
By the way, "Disable touchpad when writing" is enabled by default, so
this should not affect typing.

Regards
Mustafa