Enable tapping by default

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 18 21:02:10 UTC 2014

Erik Schilling wrote:
> Over the time I just got used to hitting the special button...

And that's what that "special button" is for. :-)

If the touchpad has physical buttons (or physically-drawn "virtual
buttons"), why do users even expect tapping to produce a click? The finger
area is for moving, the buttons are for clicking. The only case in which
tapping makes sense is if the touchpad has NO buttons at all (but then how
do you right-click? So I don't expect this to be a common case, except maybe
in Apple's one-button land).

        Kevin Kofler