Mozilla enabled ads in Firefox and they're active in Fedora

Lars Seipel lars.seipel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 22:34:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:15:33AM +0200, Nikos Roussos wrote:
> > No, actually we don't. We promote websites because we honestly think
> > they're useful, not because we're paid to do so.
>
> That's irrelevant. Paid or not, promoting websites through tiles or
> gnome-shell is the same form of advertisement.

I disagree. Think about it: imagine I told you as a friend how I was at
some pub yesterday and enthusiastically rave about how it was totally
awesome and that you should go there, too. Now, in the one case I told
you this because I'm honestly convinced that it would be fun for you to
go there and that you'd like it. In the other case I did it because the
owner paid me for it. Really no difference? I don't think so.