Accessing/Logging into the pkgdb

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Nov 21 10:33:57 UTC 2014

On 11/21/2014 10:30 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 08:52:23AM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> for unknown reasons, I can't login to the pkgdb anymore.
>
> I just tried with success
>
>> What am I supposed to do ?
>
> Could you maybe described a little more the issue?

I am going to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb and then press on
the "login" button on the top-right and end up on
https://id.fedoraproject.org/authenticate/fedoauth.auth.fas.Auth_FAS/?transaction=....

> Are you redirected to FedOAuth?
I guess that's it.

> Do you see the login screen (username/password)?
Yes.

> Is it the redirection back to pkgdb the problem?
Sorry, I don't understand.

> Is the problem only with pkgdb?
I don't know.

All I can say is https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/login works.

> Have you tried the election app, fedocal, the
> wiki or FAS itself?
Not recently. To me, symptoms look as if I've somehow lost/forgotten my
account name or password. I am usually storing them in Mozilla's
password manager, because I have so many accounts/passwords I am having
difficulties to remember them. I would not want to exclude not to
correctly recall them or having lost it (I recently upgraded the machine
I am currently using to F21).

>> There is no "request reset password" button nor
>> other helpful information available on the login screen.
>
> Ftr the login screen you mention isn't part of pkgdb but part of FedOAuth which
> is our OpenID provider that almost all our applications currently use.
:--)

> To change your password you would have to go to FAS itself.
What does this mean?

Ralf